Become a Teacher Training School Become an EY Apprenticeship Setting


What is the SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) approach to Teacher Training?

On our school-centred ITT courses, you are immersed in schools for 100% of the course. Within the first week, you will start on your 3-4 day a week placement in your identified school. For the remainder of the week, you will be with peers in focussed training sessions that support you to improve your teaching practice. These take place in schools throughout Bradford.

What qualifications do I gain?

When you are successful on the primary and secondary course you will gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and potentially the PGCE. This is identical to the qualifications you would gain on a university course.

What are the entry requirements?

You will need to have GCSE grade C (4) or above in Mathematics, English Language/Literature or equivalent. All primary courses also require a grade C (4) in Science or equivalent. 

You will need these qualifications by the time you start the course rather than when you apply.

Equivalency tests are accepted from certain providers. Contact us for details.

Contact Us

Applicants with overseas qualifications are welcome provided your qualifications are equivalent. You would need to check this with ENIC. Please contact us if you require further details.

What previous experience do I need?

There is no prerequisite for having experience in school, however for the school funded route we are looking for around 3 years of work experience primarily with children but not necessarily in a school setting.

Who finds my school placement?

We will find your on-course school placement and is very likely to be in one of the great Bradford Schools that we work with. In 2023/24 we are working with around 50 schools. . If you currently have links with a specific school or have a specific reason for wanting a placement at a particular school we can discuss that with you.

What is the difference between fee-funded and school-funded routes?

The fee-funded route is an unsalaried placement in a school.

A school-funded placement is where you are employed by the school and receive a salary from them.

How much does it cost?

Course fees are £9250. A student loan can be taken out to pay course fees and you may apply for a maintenance loan. Further details are available here

What funding is available to support me?

Depending upon the route you are following (fee or school funded) you are following there is some financial support you could get.

On a fee-funded route, you can apply for student loans to cover both the course fees and your living costs from School Finance England (SFE).

You may be eligible for a bursary if you are training to be a teacher in 24/25 in the following subjects: art and design, chemistry, computing, maths, music, physics, religious education, geography, languages, biology, design and technology and English.

Funding Your Training

How do I apply?

Go to our apply page for a step by step guide on how to apply for your course.


Apply now to become a Primary or Secondary School Teacher